Samuels & Associates is seeking a customer focused Maintenance Technician to assist the Property Manager in the daily maintenance operations for a Samuels & Associates property. The Maintenance Technician will oversee and lead all aspects of the property’s hands-on maintenance including service requests, property inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance of the properties interior/exterior common areas. The Maintenance Technician is a working member of the staff and will lead, develop and train the maintenance team. Additionally, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting the Property Manager in scheduling and directing external vendors. The Maintenance Technician will assist the Property Manager to ensure the property is kept in pristine condition and all maintenance items are addressed and completed within required timeframes.
Essential Functions/Leadership Responsibilities
- Assists Property Manager to accomplish the property/company objectives.
- Trains and motivates a high-performing maintenance team. Clearly, communicates job expectations, coach’s maintenance team on job performance and communicates disciplinary issues or concerns to Property Manager. Monitors the team’s performance against assigned objectives as well as individual contributions. Provides feedback for improvement, recommendations and development of the maintenance team.
- Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to all applicable building/county codes and safety standards with knowledge of risk management and OSHA/MSDS policies and procedures. Ensure annual building systems inspections are completed as require.
- Assists Property Manager to manage capital projects to completion in the planned timeframe and anticipated budget.
- Responds to and completes all maintenance requests within 24 hours. Ensure requests are done in a customer focused and courteous manner giving the residents personal attention for them and their home.
- Ensures that all service staff follow work safety practices/protocols. Responsible for proper training and use of company tools and equipment. Attends and participates in any required training classes.
- Maintains open communication with Property Manager and tenants.
- Delivers 100% customer service to our tenants and is directly responsible for exceptional maintenance survey results.
- Represents the company in a professional manner always.
- Complete written inspections weekly per institutional investors requirements
- Assists Property Manager in monthly inspections of property
- Actively inspects and identify property needs to better the property.
- Responsible for assisting Property Manager in all aspects of maintenance which may include but is not limited to scheduling vendors, painting, repairs and maintenance, carpet cleaning/repairs, roofing, and landscaping.
- Completes regular property inspections to proactively identify necessary repairs or replacement needed within the property.
- Coordinates on-call emergency service on a rotational basis as required.
- Able to perform repairs such as electrical, appliance, HVAC, plumbing, drywall, painting and carpentry while operating in the parameters of the budget.
- Maintain grounds and common areas by keeping them free of trash, debris and, if applicable, ice/snow.
- Orders and controls maintenance tools and equipment inventory.
- Monitors the maintenance and up-keep of all mechanical equipment and HVAC systems.
- Assist all outside vendors with property inspections which may include but is not limited too fire alarm and sprinkler testing.
- Oversee night of music and movie nights
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Commercial Property Management or similar field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Great work ethic and professionalism as well as good verbal and written communication skills.
- CFC certification is preferred.
Learning and Development
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth.
- Participation in trade and Professional Association meetings, seminars and presentations in order to stay current on industry trends and current events (i.e. LEED, BOMA, IMFA, NAIOP, etc.)
As a Samuels & Associates team member, you represent Samuels & Associates. While you are on the job, Samuels & Associates Residential expects you to wear clothing and accessories that are appropriate in a professional business environment. If a uniform is required at the property, you are expected to wear it.